Skip to content
Board of Directors
Resources for families
Kentucky Purple Star Schools
Resources for Schools
Purple Star Liaison Training
Purple Star Award Application
Purple Star Award Application Form
1. School Information:
Principal's email address:
Superintendent's email address:
2. Purple Star Liaison(s) for Your School Building:
Purple Star Liaisons will complete a brief, questionnaire from REACH Evaluation twice a year after receiving the Purple Star Award. The questionnaire allows the Liaisons to provide feedback and suggestions to the advisory board to help make improvements to program where needed.
Name(s) of Purple Star Liaison:
Position(s) in the Building:
3. Please provide the web address for your military families’ resource page.
Make sure the link leads directly to the webpage on the building or district website.
4. Describe the professional development training the liaison attended and answer the following questions:
Title of the training:
5. How was the information gained from the professional development training communicated to faculty and staff in your school and to parents and the community?
6. What two useful ideas did you get from the professional development training? (40 word minimum)
7. How could you implement these ideas immediately in your school? (40 words minimum)
8. What ideas did you get that could be useful but will require further investigation or long-term planning? (35 words minimum)
9. List three colleagues from your school and their positions who will help implement the ideas gained from your professional development in your school.
10. Military Support Activities: Purple Star schools must complete at least one of the following but are strongly encouraged to do more to show their support of military families.
Please select all military recognition activities completed or planned this school year. Supporting documents can be uploaded at the end application such as pictures, videos, flyers or weblinks.
Professional development regarding special considerations for military students and their families was included during a staff meeting or workshop.
The school board passed a resolution publicizing the school’s support for military students and families.
The school hosted an annual military friendly program or parade. The program may have occurred on Memorial Day, Veterans Day or Patriot Day (9/11).
The school has a public military display. (i.e. a tribute wall for military-connected students, families, and staff, a memorial, a bulletin board, a special Purple Star room or other recognition of the military).
The school hosts a military appreciation night at a sporting event.
The school has special celebration activities for the Month of the Military Child in April.
The school formed a military family committee or support groups for military-connected students.
The school held fundraisers to support military veterans and active duty members.
The school has a U.S. Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) program in place.
11. Age-Appropriate Supports:
Explain how the activities you conduct in support of military families are age appropriate for the students in your building? (40 words minimum)
12. I hereby certify the above statements are unique to my school and true to the best of my knowledge. I understand that a false or inauthentic statement may disqualify my application.
13. Please include supporting documents with your application such as pictures, videos, flyers or weblinks.
Click or drag files to this area to upload.
You can upload up to 10 files.
Please do not send the information in a link to your Google Drive or to other file hosting services. These sites are often difficult for reviewers to access.